Monday 3 November 2008

Space Oddity, by David Bowie (Manuel)

I like this song but,... do I know the reasons?. I think that I can underline a pair of things:
At the beginning I have the feeling of control but there is another very different feeling at the end: freedom. The first sentences speak about God's love, "take your protein pills and put your helment on", etc. But before that Bowie writes about things that make you feel absolutely free: "am I floating in my tin can"; he decided to move "from Earth to space". I must add another simple reason for choosing this song: I like Bowie and that song is easy to understand. (Manuel)




I hope you enjoy it. You may find the lyrics here:




David Bowie Lyrics
Space Oddity Lyrics

1 comment:

rgenao said...

I like very much "Shape of my Heart" by Sting and Elton John - "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" - 1976 . Thanks. Charo